Change Your Thinking; Transform Your Life
I collaborate with clients to help them learn new ways of handling their problems. I help clients create approaches that they can use for problem-solving to deal with present concerns and future problems.
To do this, I practice Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), a person-centric approach to mental health and problem solving. Research has proven it to be effective even in short amounts of time. CBT is practical and it works. That's why I practice it.
CBT can help you address issues such as:
- Are you repeating unproductive patterns of behavior?
- Is your career floundering?
- Can't write? Can't paint? Blocked creativity?
- Are you disappointed in yourself?
- Do you go over and over things but not get anywhere? Does it keep you up at night?
- Are you where you expected to be in your career or love life at your age?
- Has life lost its zest?
- Have you had a big loss and feel devastated by grief?
- Do you feel bogged down with so much responsibility that you can't enjoy yourself?
- Do friends or coworkers say you have changed or are angry?
These are all reasons to reach out for help. I can help you with them.
I care for the whole person - biology, psychology, spirituality, social networks and environment. I help you make lifestyle changes to manage stress and often prevent medication. When medication is needed for serious issues, I coordinate with your physician and suggest additional resources such as support groups and books.
I have worked in community mental health, hospitals, group practices, and employee assistance programs since 1991. My office is convenient to public transportation. I have evening hours to accommodate work schedules. Please call me to make an appointment to get your life back on track and feel better.